Using the UA for Initial Medical Licensure in Maryland is optional, however, this online application works best in conjunction with the UA.
- Restricted to only initial medical licensure applicants that have never been issued a Maryland medical license.
- If applicable, requires applicant to supply the Federation ID (FID) number optained from his/her fee-based FSMB account.
- Applicants using the online application must account for all time since medical school graduation, including non-working time as well as postgraduate
training and employment. Information on malpractice claims is also required. Having this information on hand before starting the application
is highly recommended.
Payment of Maryland Board of Physicians' Application of Initial Medical Licensure Fees (non-refundable):
- Application processing fee of $310 for American Medical School Graduates
- Application processing fee of $410 for Foreign Medical School Graduates
- Prorated $20 monthly licensure fee assessed from the month of license application approval to the month of license expiration. Prorated licensure fee will not exceed $480
- To help assist with the online application, you may want to download the to guide you through the required information needed to complete and review the online application. Online Instructions
DO NOT SUBMIT MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS!